BookMonk is a new offering from Books Butterfly. Do you sometimes wish there was an easy, reasonably priced way to promote your book to a group of readers in the specific subgenre you are interested in?
Now there is. With BookMonk you reach readers interested in your book's specific subgenre, without much fuss or bother. We just put your book in front of a targeted group of readers interested in your book's specific genre and/or subgenre, and then it either hits or misses.
We are a Canadian Company and we have been writing about books and the future of books for the last 7.5 years. We have a constellation of 110+ books related websites, blogs, and email lists that reach 180,000+ daily active readers every day. We cover free book offers, book deals, and other areas.
Top 5 Books Butterfly Insights & Facts 1) We have been writing about free books, book deals, eReaders, and eBooks since Jan 2008. Our main blog was Kindle Review. We now write about free books and deals at Kindle Review, at Free Book Deals, and at dozens of other blogs.
2) We started making Apps for eInk Kindles in 2010. Our Notepad App hit the #1 Spot in the Entire Kindle Store and stayed there for weeks. Our Flip It Game App went to the Top 10.
3) We are a Canadian Company with our team spread across 3 continents (main offices in Montreal & Ukraine). The majority of our bloggers and product managers are in UK and Canada. The majority of our programmers are in Ukraine. 4) We've been making websites and search engines for books since 2009. We currently have a plethora of books related websites and vertical search engines that reach 180,000+ daily active readers every single day. 5) We're focused on The Future of Books and on Envisioning, Manifesting, and Creating a world where Authors can connect to Readers easily, where they can sell their books to readers painlessly, and where they can find success and happiness.
Why work on Free Book Sites?
1) There's a revolution going on in books. It's a very exciting time to be involved in books. A lot of us are blessed to love both technology and books (not always in that order) and it's the perfect intersection of disciplines. We love books. We love coding and testing and design. Book Discovery and Search is a rather super fit.
2) When making and selling apps our #1 problem was Discoverability. We had great apps but it took an ungodly amount of effort to make customers aware of our apps. We did sell over 1 million paid apps. We did reach #1 in Kindle Store. However, it was a really, really frustrating process. The whole system is rigged. Search Engines mostly show ads - Even in organic search results, search engines now favor people who buy ads. Stores favor big companies. There is no FAIR and FREE Market. It doesn't matter if you the best product, the best prices, the best product market fit. You have to become an expert in marketing to achieve success. Meanwhile you see stores highlight products that give them 'book shelf placement' money (basically, dishonesty and graft).
3) We saw this EXACT same Discoverability problem in Books. With eBooks, any author can now publish their book(s). However, neither the stores nor the search engines are good at giving authors a FAIR and FREE Market. Quite frankly, they don't really seem to care. It leaves authors at a Dead End. What's the point of being able to publish if you don't have a fair chance at reaching readers? There's no revolution if the only authors who can get visibility with readers are those backed by Big Publishers, those backed by Big Companies, and those who are very rich. In some ways, it becomes worse than before because you have the promise of 'Yes you can publish' and the reality of 'No one will ever know you have published a book.'.
4) Combine the above three elements and we suddenly had a lot of clarity. We can fix the #1 Problem we had when we sold apps - Discoverability! We can solve Discoverability for Books and make good money doing it. In books we have a shot, a real shot, at pushing things towards a FREE and FAIR Market where EVERY Author gets a fair shot. An author doesn't have to have a $5,000 marketing budget or the backing of a billion dollar publishing house or a secret deal with a bookstore (or a publishing agreement with them). It's a big HUGE opportunity to create a platform that allows authors to get visibility, allows readers to find the best new books, and allows us to make money. A great win-win-win situation. Please Note: We're capitalists and we're doing this for money. Not to save Pandas or pay for the schooling of orphaned kittens. If you have a problem with capitalism you might want to look into this wonderful place called North Korea where they have magical technology that makes sure no one ever gets fat.
Are you Serious? Do you really want to solve the Discoverability problem?
Yes. If you look at our sites and blogs it'll be clear that we aren't after small fish. We are Hunting the Whale Shark of Discoverability.
We're focused on creating a FREE and FAIR Market. All of us have the opportunity to participate in this Grand Revolution in Reading and Books. It will be as big as Gutenberg's revolution. If authors let go of their fears and jump in fully, it'll be bigger. And the rewards, just as with Guternberg's revolution, go to the three parties that most deserve it - 1) Readers. 2) Authors. 3) The Human Race. Please Note that The Scientific Revolution and lots of other amazing things followed right after The Printing Press allowed for the wide spread dissemination of knowledge. If we win our Revolution, we will again see the entire Human Race rewarded for the hard work and sacrifices that authors and readers (the new revolutionaries) are making now.
Have Questions? Would you like to contact us?
1) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.